Are you a busy entrepreneur?
One thing I have found is, there is definitely a difference between being busy and productive. Time Management absolutely dictates success. If you are working for yourself and have no one giving you a list of daily tasks, it is easy to get caught up in some major time wasters as you market your business on social media. Have you ever logged into Facebook with some serious intention to get sh** done and then suddenly you are watching cat videos? Yeah. Me too. Here are some ways to keep yourself laser focused as you build your business online.
1. Come Up With a Daily DMO (Daily Method of Operations). A DMO is your daily method of operations. When you put into practice daily tasks that will actually produce income, you will get a return on your time investment.
Most people, myself included when I first got started building our business, focused too much on the how and not the important money making tasks. I wanted my blog to be perfect. My videos had to be perfect. Ditch the ideal of perfection and just start marketing! If you’re building a Network Marketing business, so many get hung up on the product features and the science behind it all, and the compensation plan. How to do social media, building a blog, watching guru videos, studying this and studying that…
The next thing you know, a month has gone by and all of the so called “income producing activities” you were working on, didn’t bring in a dime.
Your DMO should include a list of Income Producing Activities, which are activities that if repeated daily will generate leads and sales again and again. Some examples of income producing activities are: placing ads, posting on social media, hosting webinars, hangouts, or using Facebook live, or following up with your prospects via phone, email, or FB messenger.
2. Change Your Habits. Our results in life come down to our daily rituals. Are you in an unhappy with the results in your business? Your weight? Take a look at the daily habits you have been implementing thus far that have gotten you to this point. Take some time to reflect and take an inventory of your daily rituals. Are they creating the results you want? If the answer is no, it is time to change those daily habits so that you can create the life you want. Check out my video on how to create new daily habits below.
You can tell how good your daily routine is not just by what you know but by what results you have. If you are in an unhappy relationship, if you are at a higher weight than you wish you were, if you have much less in your bank account than you wish you had, then your daily habits need work. They need work. Results, your weight, your relationship status, your bank account…those are results. You can’t change results. You can only change the habits that will change the results.
3. Treat Your Business Like a Business, and Not a Hobby. Start shifting your mindset from that of an employee to that of an entrepreneur. Treat it like a business that is paying you thousands, and it will in return, pay you thousands. But if you are inconsistent in your marketing, and only work your business when it’s convenient for you, you will be stuck with the rest of the average people who are not getting results in their business. Become above average. Work your business everyday. Position yourself as an authority from day one. And treat your business with the same care that you would if you were working for someone else. This is your business. Your dream. Treat it that way.
4. Implement a Daily Spiritual Practice. Our inner world creates our outer world. Taking some time each day to reflect and get in touch with our higher self is imperative for success. Meditation is my practice of choice, as it allows us to calm our minds and get centered and in touch with our higher self. Set aside a small amount of time each day to reflect, get centered, and visualize your life exactly the way you want it to be.
5. Know the Cost of Success. I have so many people tell me that yes they want to change their life. They want the freedom to have more time to spend with their loved ones. And yet, when it comes right down to it, they are not willing to do what it takes to make their businesses work. They then get sucked back into the mundane, frustrating doldrums of their life, and complain that they are miserable, have no money, and have zero time freedom. If you want to be successful, you have to realize that there is going to be a small amount of discomfort as you are building your dream. Remember though, that it is only a temporary discomfort for a more permanent goal. You may have to get rid of certain luxuries such as your cable bill (trust me, this can be a good thing!) So you can afford your monthly payment for your side business. But if nothing changes, nothing changes. So decide what is most important to you, and then make it happen. Plug into company trainings, feed your mind daily, and implement what you learn into your business. How badly do you want to change your life? Your success all comes down to you!
More tips on my YouTube Channel HERE
Feel free to tag your team members if you found this post helpful!
To your success!